Friday, July 20, 2012

3 Compilations

I suppose it's destined that one of these days I'll eventually get an iPod, or some other portable digital music player, but for now I'm still in the habit of burning CD compilations for long car rides and such. Although, I really like the idea of putting together playlists, so I figure that even if I do get a digital mp3 player someday, I'll keep putting together 'compilations' of songs, they'll just be easier to play because I can just load them up on my player (like I load up my winamp playlists on the computer), without having to burn any CDs and worry about "what if it doesn't play", which has been happening entirely too frequently lately (car CD players are patchy at best).

Although, I do like putting a limit on the length of a compilation - a traditional CD can only play about an hour and fifteen minutes of music at most. That forces you to cull your songs and pick out the best, and actually put more care into which songs go on the comp and where, as opposed to just loading up a billion songs as soon as they come to mind onto a limitless playlist. It's like putting together an album instead of just releasing a new single every time you write and record a new song. And it was one of the funnest (and most frustrating) parts of being a DJ on the radio - choosing which songs to play and making sure they fit into the air time you were allotted.

Anyway, I've created three new compilations lately, and I'd like to share them with you:

Experiencing Jimi Hendrix
Feelin' The Blues
Back To The Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment