Monday, June 13, 2011

The Descent: Part 2 (2009)

I had the good fortune of seeing The Descent several years ago during one of my periods of going to see horror movies in the theater. It was one of the best movies I saw that year. When Part 2 came out, I pretty much ignored it, figuring that it was more or less a cheap cash-in sequel. But the perfect opportunity just came up, so I sat down and gave it a watch.

The Descent: Part 2 requires suspension of disbelief on a number of issues, and there's a lot of light in that cave for it being underground, but there are also some good moments that make the journey worth it. There are some predictable plot elements, but also some exciting surprises, so in spite of being derivative of the first movie, I'd say it's still worth seeing. It's not as good as the first, but if you liked The Descent, you will no doubt enjoy watching Part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment